Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vampire Academy by Richelle Read


****
Vampire Academy by Richelle Read

There were several things that I really liked about this book.

I liked that Lissa and Rose were friends despite their differences (or because of them). There was a whole opposites attract thing in their friendship that makes all of Rose's assertions that she is guarding Lissa for the continued good of their kind seem like just an excuse for her to be near her friend.

I liked that each girl had her own set of problems that both girls could face on their own if they had to, but with the friendship of the other the problems pare down to something mangeable.

I liked that the past helped shape their future and that neither girl really ran from the past but mostly accepted it. Rose's research into the life of St. Vladmir was interesting and it showed that Rose was continuing to grow up and take her duties seriously.

I liked that Rose wasn't put down for liking Dmitri even though he is older than her and a mentor. I liked that Lissa liked Christian despite him being unpopular at the academy. I'm interested to see where both relationships go because although Lissa and Christian's relationship can go forward there are several pitfalls for Rose and Dmitri: age, job & the fact they're both dhampir...

I'm looking forward to the next one. ^_^

No comments: